Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Greenfield Village Take One

 Ever since moving to Michigan, Derek and I have been scouting out places that we believe are "must sees" before our short time here is up. The Henry Ford Museums were at the top of our list, and with Derek having a few days off this week, we took advantage and visited Greenfield Village. The village is over 80 acres of original buildings, machinery, and automobiles from all over the country and history that Henry Ford himself purchased and moved here to the Ford headquarters outside of Detroit. Included in this mass collection are Thomas Edison's labs and offices, the home & bike shop of the Wright Brothers,  a courthouse Abraham Lincoln practiced in, and countless numbers of homes from the 1600s and on. The village is set up into different places: Farmland, Main Street, Edison Square, Parlors & Porches, and Railroad Depot. We spent six hours, took over 200 photos, ate yummy Southern food, and found at least five old homes we deemed "perfect" for us one day.
Since we took so many pictures, a follow up post with even MORE photos will be up Friday. With even cuter houses. Seriously, I died and went to heaven here.

6 comments:

  1. This is why the midwest is the best. Love it with all my heart. This looks like so much fun. I am loving this place and all of these houses. Can't wait to see more. Glad you're having fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seriously fall in LOVE every time I go somewhere. It is the best! But, I do miss the West. I was watching a House Hunters in Jackson Hole and I started crying...HA HA HA

      Delete
  2. Oooh Greenfield Village sounds/looks amazing! I love little towns like this-- charming and quaint! Can't wait for more pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really fun! Almost like Disneyland for adults! HA HA :) Thank you! I'm surprised my iPhone took such good shots!

      Delete
  3. fun! and i second the midwest being the best!! ps. can you get rid of this spam prevention test thingy...i fail multiples times. and have to keep re-entering. grrr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I didn't know mine had it. I will have to see
      How to get
      It off!

      Delete