Friday, March 18, 2016

COCONUT ACAI BOWL

Around two years ago, I was out and about with my little buddy Lexi, after a morning at Sea World. We were just meandering around the Mission Beach area, and stumbled upon a smoothie shop that sold acai bowls. We were in need of a mid morning snack, and at the time, Lexi loved smoothies. I purchased a yummy strawberry banana blend for her, and settled on trying my first acai bowl, with fresh granola & coconut on top. From that moment, I was hooked on this delicious and tart treat. I have spent time to re-create the most delicious and yummy bowl I can make at home, for days when I want a change from my normal protein smoothie in the morning. It took a while, but I have completely converted Derek into this trend. On busy days, we like to whip one of these up, and share it on the couch, dreaming of a tropical location and beach. We are ready for a vacation, and to kick these years of residency behind us! 
You can see where to purchase the Sambazon packets in your area here!

No comments:

Post a Comment